Google+

Update! - Feature: Reynolds saves Deadpool!

The heavens have opened, the clouds parted, and the hand of God himself has descended to deliver to us a saviour; and his name is Ryan Reynolds...


The object of my platonically-heterosexual man-crush was recently interviewed by the IGN entertainment news service about the incoming Deadpool film. The highlight: "Without saying too much, I can't imagine that there's gonna be any tie-in to the Wolverine movie at all." Deadpool will be unrelated to Wolverine: Origins! This will be the character we all want to see!!!

Hear that sound? It's a million fanboys breathing a sigh of relief simultaneously: Here's a few more edited highlights from the interview:


"I will husk-fuck a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life"

"We're just trying to get it right... I'm really happy in these early talks that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible, and that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-fuck a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal."


Jason Bourne meets Phantom of the Opera by way of Caddyshack

"There's no way to do this without having the scarring, having the mask, having it all. ... You don't want to just invent something new and call it Deadpool... I would like to make him self-aware; I'd like to have a bit of a pop-culture air going on throughout the film... breaking the fourth wall... He's like Jason Bourne meets Phantom of the Opera by way of Caddyshack... "


Kicking Captain America in the nuts

"If it can be done in the comic, it can be done on film in a way that's just as much fun to watch for people who know nothing about the character than for people who are obsessed with the character..., and I'm just trying to figure out a way to structure all of those things around kicking Captain America in the nuts."


Have faith in the dark overlords

"...Have faith in the studio. It's hard for fans to do that, but I feel like they really want to do an authentic Deadpool movie….. And that, right there, is a wholly-originally character, and that's what excites the dark overlords who fund this film... I have two dramas – one in the summer, one in the fall – and then, hopefully, after that, we'll get to tackle this crimson f*@ker."

You can read the full interview here:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/988/988457p1.html


---------------------------- UPDATE:----------------------------

In addition, the haphazard, but nonetheless first-to-the-news, celebrity gossip website Digital Spy has reported proof that Reynolds knows his stuff.

"You could do a whole bunch of villains... or you could just have Deadpool going up against one guy. We’ll see," he was quoted as saying, but the real proof that he's not being false about his love of comics came with his suggestions for the villains: "I’m hoping Cable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_(comics)) will be in it... I’ve made no secret that I love that character."

"I also love some of the more preliminary characters at the beginning of the series. I like Ajax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_(comics)) - that’s an easier character to put in - and Black Tom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tom_Cassidy)." Are we looking at an adaptation of The Circle Chase (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool_(comics))? That would have been my choice anyway.

Is it just me or is this shaping up to be awesome?

You can read the full Digital Spy article here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+